This course is designed for experienced technicians who has basic knowledge of smartphone repairs, troubleshooting and diagnostics procedures. The course covers advanced board-level soldering, Micro-soldering, troubleshooting, diagnostics and chip level repairs for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, LG phones and iPad Mini (Nokia, HTC, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Blackberry, Huawei can be included upon request).
Course instructor has 15 plus years of smartphone repair, BGA Rework, BGA Reflow, SMT Rework, Advanced Micro PCB Soldering experience.
Who Should Attend
Smartphone repair technicians, soldering technicians, store owners, business owners, engineers, service technicians, computer technicians, mobile app developers, sales technicians and students.
Phones, Tools, Equipment & Supplies
Free motherboards for iPhones, Samsung Galaxy and LG phones (Nokia, HTC, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Blackberry, Huawei upon request) provided for hands-on exercises along with opening tools, equipment use and repair supplies.
Certified Smartphone Micro-Soldering Certificate Level 4 is awarded upon completion of the course.
- Introduction to rework and soldering stations / tools
- How to solder on a micro level
- Shield removal
- Solder removal techniques
- Pad preparation
- Running jumpers, pad repair & trace repair
- Parts sourcing
- Schematic sourcing
- Reading schematics
- Using Multi-Meter
- DC Power Supply
- Identifying parts on schematics
- Troubleshooting basics
- How to tell difference between short and open circuits
- Basic short detection
- Identifying false shorts
- Techniques to locate open lines
- Visual identification of board level parts
- Common failure identification
- No display v/s no backlight
- No power
- No charging
- No boot
- Short circuit
- Turns on then cycles off
- Boots to recovery mode
- No SIM, searching & no service
- No Wi-Fi
- No touch, lines, zebra stripes, flickering screen
- Backlight but no image
- Soldering charging port connectors
- Soldering battery connectors
- Soldering Internet/ Wi-Fi connectors
- Soldering Sim Card connectors
- Soldering FPC & RF connectors
- Board SD Memory Card connector
- Multi Pin Data Ports
- Multi Vibrators
- Dealing with underfill
- Replacing RF connectors
- Replacing capacitors, resistors, filters/fuses, diodes, coil
- Backlight failure
- Salvaging parts from donor boards
- Flex cable repairs
- IC Replacement
- Charging IC (iPhone)
- Touch IC (iPhone)
- iPad Min touch connector
- iPad Mini charging IC
- BGA IC replacement
- iPhone 6/ 6 Plus IC Reflow
Click below to register today and secure your spot.
Register early to guarantee your seat in class. Payment is due two weeks prior to the class start date. Receipts will be emailed to you.
4 Easy Ways to Register:
- Online: Please fill up the Online Registration Form and pay through either debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Email: Please email your registration along with the payment through either credit card, interac e-Transfer, PayPal.
- Phone-in: Please call 778-835-2763 and register by Visa or Mastercard.
- In Person: Please register at the admissions office to make a payment (by appointment only)
5 Easy Ways to Pay
- Bank Transfer
- PayPal (our PayPal account email address is email@example.com)
- Interac e-Transfer
- Credit Card (we accept Visa and Mastercard)
- Certified Cheques (non-profit organizations only)
The Swift Code TDOMCATTTOR. Transit No. 02120 Inst. No. 004 Account No. 5221473
TD Bank branch is located at Seafair, #3960 Francis Road, Richmond,BC, Canada
12 – 18 Months Installment Plan (OAC)
Fee can be paid in 12 to 18 easy monthly installments (OAC).
A group discounts is offered for two or more attendees from the same company registering at the same time and attending the same course.
One-to-one private, evening and weekend classes are also conducted upon request with a different price plan, please contact for further information.
After graduation students gets in-person, webex or telephone access to the trainers for 12 months. Graduates can attend future courses for free.
International students are accepted in the programs. Students do not need a study permit if enrolling in a short-term course or program of six months or less. However, if student think they might study for more than six months, it is a good idea to obtain a study permit before they arrive. For full information, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/study
Free Phones, Tools, Equipment & Supplies
Free phones, hand-tools, equipment, and supplies are provided in the class. iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Android phones and iPads are provided for hands-on exercises.
Certificates are awarded upon completion of the course.
Attendance is mandatory in all classes. 100% attendance is required to earn a Certificate.
External Advisors are sought from academia and industry. These advisors will periodically review the center's programs and assess progress toward its goals.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
100% fee and deposit refundable if the Open course is rescheduled or cancelled due to low enrollment or any other reason and students unable to attend at a later date. 50% refundable if student cancelled the Guaranteed to run course within 15 days of the class start date. No refund if a student do not show up for the class or has completed the course, however, fee is transferable to future courses.