This course aims at beginners who does not have any prior smartphone repair experience. The integral part of the course is based on core elements of troubleshooting, diagnosing, inspecting, testing, fault tracing, repairing and Micro-soldering skills. The course covers up to level 4 training and Certification.
Level 1 Building foundation in cellular technologies, smartphone fundamentals, basic electronics concepts, troubleshooting, testing, diagnosing, fault tracing, smartphone schematics, disassembling and assembling skills.
Level 2 Repairing and replacing faulty parts, LCD, glass only repairs, fixing hardware problems and water damage repairs.
Level 3 Micro PCB soldering, board-level repairs and Micro-soldering, jumper techniques, backlight fix, soldering WiFi connectors, battery connectors, FPC connectors, RF connectors and Sim Card connectors using soldering iron and stereo microscope.
Level 4 IC chip level repairs, IC Reflow, IC replacement, BGA IC replacement, iPad Mini touch connectors, iPad Mini charging IC replacement.
Students completing all four levels will be receive level 4 Smartphone Master Technician Certificate. Students who will complete individual course will earn individual Certificate. Levels can be taken consecutively or separately.
Course instructor has 15 plus years of smartphone repair, BGA Rework, BGA Reflow, SMT Rework, Advanced Micro PCB Soldering experience.
Who Should Attend
Beginners who wish to start cell phone repair business or looking to make a career in smartphone repair industry. Store owners, business owners, engineers, service technicians, computer technicians, mobile app developers, sales technicians and students.
Phones, Tools, Equipment & Supplies
Free iPhones, Samsung Galaxy and LG phones (Nokia, HTC, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Blackberry, Huawei) provided for hands-on exercises along with opening tools, equipment use and repair supplies.
Certified Smartphone Master Technician Certificate Level 4 is awarded upon completion of the course.
Introduction to Cellular Technologies and Smartphone Electronics
- Introduction to Mobile Network Technologies, GSM, CDMA, 3G, 4G, LTE Network concept and structure
- ESN, IMEI and SIM relationship, theory and concept
- Architecture and Components of GSM Networks
- Basic information how smartphone works
- Smartphone transmission concepts - frequency bands, single and dual bands, network connectivity
- Introduction to basic electronics , A/C , D/C , Voltage , current and power
- Identifying Electronics Components and Circuit Symbols
- Types of semiconductor (SMD) in Smartphones PCB
- Different electronic components working model , troubleshooting procedures – SMD Components basics working conceps and troubleshooting procedures – SMD IC handling details
- RF and IF Amplifiers and Filters
Smartphone Troubleshooting and Diagnosing Procedures
- Smartphone Troubleshooting Concepts
- Troubleshooting different sections of smartphone based on faults
- Smartphone component checking, replacement, and troubleshooting procedures
Assembly, Disassembly, Testing and Schematics of Smartphone
- Studying parts of smartphones, assembling and disassembling techniques
- Testing of various parts with digital multi-meter
- Learning with Block Diagram on how basically Smartphone works
- Introduction to reading smartphone’s Schematic Diagrams
- How to Identify Component Symbols on Schematic Diagram
- How to Find Component Parts on PCB Board
- Identifying user Interfaces components such as Power Switch, Microphone, Earpiece and Ring-tone speaker & Layout
- Inside a Digital Smartphone
- Smartphone working concepts, block diagram, working with Printed Circuit Board and component of smartphones different hardware sections, circuit tracing, component identification, operational and functional knowledge
- Working process and troubleshooting procedures – Identification, working, troubleshooting concepts of components like BGA, SMD IC ‘s, Oscillator, Speaker, Buzzer, SIM, Camera, LCD, Touch screen, keypad, Antenna switch, Vibrator, Power Switch, Battery Connectors, Crystal etc
Smartphone Hardware Repair
- Samsung Galaxy Lens Separation Glass only Removal
- iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, HTC/ LG LCD & Digitizer Replacement
- UV Light and UV glue procedures
- iPhone / Samsung Galaxy Ribbon, Flex Cable, Charging Port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dock, Speakers, Mic Power Switch, Battery, Home Button, Antenna, Ear Piece, Head Phone Jack, Camera, Volume Control and Sensor replacement. SIM card reader malfunctioning and repair
- Replacing of faulty parts
- Fault finding & troubleshooting
- Steps of repairing various hardware problems
Liquid Damage Repair
- Liquid damage repair by using a Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner
- Identifying, treating and repairing water damaged smartphones
- Power cycling issues
- Use of Digital equipment to spot treat board level corrosion
- Knowledge of sterio microscope and its proper use
- Ultrasonic bath and its operating instructions
- Board cleaning agent and solutions to treat liquid damaged smartphones
- Introduction to rework and soldering stations / tools
- How To solder on a micro level
- Circuit Board problems, repair and soldering techniques
- Circuit Board Jumper techniques
- Replacing charging blocks with Heat Air Blower & Soldering Iron
- Soldering Charging Port Connector, SIM Card Connector, Battery Connector, Wi-Fi Connectors, Board SD Memory Card
- Connector, Multi Pin Data Port, Multi Vibrator.
- Physical damage repair and troubleshooting techniques on GSM and CDMA Circuit Boards.
- Testing Circuit Board and Water Damage by using a digital multi-meter
- RF Shielding removal using proper heating element
- Solder removal techniques
- Pad preparation
- Running jumpers, pad repair & trace repair
- Identifying parts on schematics
- Troubleshooting basics
- How to tell difference between short and open circuits
- Basic short detection
- Identifying false shorts
- Techniques to locate open lines
- Visual identification of board level parts
- Common failure identification
- No display v/s no backlight
- No power, no network signal issues and repair
- No charging
- No boot
- Short circuit
- Turns on then cycles off
- Boots to recovery mode
- No SIM, searching & no service
- No Wi-Fi
- No touch, lines, zebra stripes, flickering screen
- Backlight but no image
- Dealing with underfill
- Replacing RF connectors
- Replacing capacitors, resistors, filters/fuses, diodes, coil
- Backlight failure
- Salvaging parts from donor boards
- Flex cable repairs
IC Chip Repair
- IC Chip Repair
- IC chip problems and replacement
- Charging IC (iPhone)
- Touch IC (iPhone)
- iPad Mini touch connectors
- iPad Mini charging IC replacement
- IC Reflow
- BGA IC replacement
- FPC connectors
- RF connectors
- Backlight repair
- Full backlight coil IC filters replacement
Click below to register today and secure your spot.
Register early to guarantee your seat in class. Payment is due two weeks prior to the class start date. Receipts will be emailed to you.
4 Easy Ways to Register:
- Online: Please fill up the Online Registration Form and pay through either debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Email: Please email your registration along with the payment through either credit card, interac e-Transfer, PayPal.
- Phone-in: Please call 778-835-2763 and register by Visa or Mastercard.
- In Person: Please register at the admissions office to make a payment (by appointment only)
5 Easy Ways to Pay
- Bank Transfer
- PayPal (our PayPal account email address is email@example.com)
- Interac e-Transfer
- Credit Card (we accept Visa and Mastercard)
- Certified Cheques (non-profit organizations only)
The Swift Code TDOMCATTTOR. Transit No. 02120 Inst. No. 004 Account No. 5221473
TD Bank branch is located at Seafair, #3960 Francis Road, Richmond,BC, Canada
12 – 18 Months Installment Plan (OAC)
Fee can be paid in 12 to 18 easy monthly installments (OAC).
A group discounts is offered for two or more attendees from the same company registering at the same time and attending the same course.
One-to-one private, evening and weekend classes are also conducted upon request with a different price plan, please contact for further information.
After graduation students gets in-person, webex or telephone access to the trainers for 12 months. Graduates can attend future courses for free.
International students are accepted in the programs. Students do not need a study permit if enrolling in a short-term course or program of six months or less. However, if student think they might study for more than six months, it is a good idea to obtain a study permit before they arrive. For full information, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/study
Free Phones, Tools, Equipment & Supplies
Free phones, hand-tools, equipment, and supplies are provided in the class. iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Android phones and iPads are provided for hands-on exercises.
Certificates are awarded upon completion of the course.
Attendance is mandatory in all classes. 100% attendance is required to earn a Certificate.
External Advisors are sought from academia and industry. These advisors will periodically review the center's programs and assess progress toward its goals.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
100% fee and deposit refundable if the Open course is rescheduled or cancelled due to low enrollment or any other reason and students unable to attend at a later date. 50% refundable if student cancelled the Guaranteed to run course within 15 days of the class start date. No refund if a student do not show up for the class or has completed the course, however, fee is transferable to future courses.