This Welcome to Mac course covers the fundamentals of macOS, iLife, iWork and iCloud. It is intended for the new user who has no prior Mac experience. Students will explore macOS, Photo Booth, Photos, GarageBand and iMovie, and create text, PDF, audio and video files. Next, students will explore Pages, Numbers and Keynote, and create word processor, spreadsheet and presentation files. This course is a step-by-step approach to learning the Mac platform.
Upon completion of the Welcome to Mac course, students will be able to:
What you'll learn:
- Configure the Mac using System Preferences
- Navigate the macOS user interface
- Create and manipulate files
- Explore useful utilities
- Create PDF, audio and video files using Photo Booth, Photos, GarageBand and iMovie
- Create word processor, spreadsheet and presentation files using Pages, Numbers and Keynote
- New Mac users with no prior Mac experience
Topics:SIMPLE macOS GUIDE
- Hardware Controls: System Preferences
- Creating User Accounts
- Energy Saver
- Desktop and Screen Saver
- Keyboard Shortcuts
The Mac Desktop
- The Menu Bar
- Main Desktop Access Gestures
- Customising the Dock
- Running and Quitting Apps
- Managing Stacks and Trash
The Finder Window
- Finder Toolbar
- Manipulating Windows
- Spotlight Searching
- Creating Documents
- Duplicating, Renaming and Moving Documents
- Deleting Documents
- Sharing Documents
- Gestures Review
- Managing Files
- Sorting and arranging documents/files
- Smart folders and advanced search
More File Operations
- Locking documents
- Browsing versions
Other Applications to be explored
- Clean up (optional)
- Photo Booth
- QuickTime Screen Recording
- A Mac device that has been freshly installed with the latest version of OS 10.15 Catalina, iLife apps, and iWork apps. It is not recommended to use a Mac with the user’s personal data on it, otherwise a new user account will need to be created for this training.
Register early to guarantee your seat in class. Payment is due two weeks prior to the class start date. Receipts will be emailed to you.
4 Easy Ways to Register:
- Online: Please fill up the Online Registration Form and pay through either debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Email: Please email your registration along with the payment through either credit card, interac e-Transfer, PayPal.
- Phone-in: Please call 778-835-2763 and register by Visa or Mastercard.
- In Person: Please register at the admissions office to make a payment (by appointment only)
5 Easy Ways to Pay
- Bank Transfer
- PayPal (our PayPal account email address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interac e-Transfer
- Credit Card (we accept Visa and Mastercard)
- Certified Cheques (non-profit organizations only)
The Swift Code TDOMCATTTOR. Transit No. 02120 Inst. No. 004 Account No. 5221473
TD Bank branch is located at Seafair, #3960 Francis Road, Richmond,BC, Canada
12 – 18 Months Installment Plan (OAC)
Fee can be paid in 12 to 18 easy monthly installments (OAC).
A group discounts is offered for two or more attendees from the same company registering at the same time and attending the same course.
One-to-one private, evening and weekend classes are also conducted upon request with a different price plan, please contact for further information.
After graduation students gets in-person, webex or telephone access to the trainers for 12 months. Graduates can attend future courses for free.
International students are accepted in the programs. Students do not need a study permit if enrolling in a short-term course or program of six months or less. However, if student think they might study for more than six months, it is a good idea to obtain a study permit before they arrive. For full information, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/study
Free Phones, Tools, Equipment & Supplies
Free phones, hand-tools, equipment, and supplies are provided in the class. iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Android phones and iPads are provided for hands-on exercises.
Certificates are awarded upon completion of the course.
Attendance is mandatory in all classes. 100% attendance is required to earn a Certificate.
External Advisors are sought from academia and industry. These advisors will periodically review the center's programs and assess progress toward its goals.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
100% fee and deposit refundable if the Open course is rescheduled or cancelled due to low enrollment or any other reason and students unable to attend at a later date. 50% refundable if student cancelled the Guaranteed to run course within 15 days of the class start date. No refund if a student do not show up for the class or has completed the course, however, fee is transferable to future courses.