In this course, you will examine the similarities and differences between a Windows Operating System and the Mac Operating System. This course examines where to locate and find files, how to alter settings to best suit your needs and an introduction to the Apple version of applications that are similar to those on a Windows Operating System. It will also examine the features of macOS, working with the dock, organizing files, the system preferences, creating pdf’s, selecting and setting the preferences of printers, working with a network and shortcuts for making your transition easier and a comparison between Windows and Mac Terminology.
Upon completion of the Migrating from PC to Mac course, students will be able to:
- Navigate the Mac interface to located commands and files
- Create, save and print documents
- Set system preferences
- Use Apple-specific features and commands
- Make use of Mac applications
- Manage photos on the Mac
- Locate Apple support information
- Anyone migrating from a PC platform to a Mac
Pre-requisites:Participants should be familiar with using a Windows Operating System. They should be comfortable using the keyboard and mouse. No previous experience with a Mac Operating System is necessary.
- The Desktop
- The Dock
- Working with the Hard drive
- Finder View
- Adding to the Dock
- Organizing your Files
- Customizing the Finder Sidebar
- Customizing the Finder Toolbar
- Toolbar Extras
- Stacks on the Dock & Desktop
- Empty the Bin
- File Information
- Connecting to a Server
- About your Computer
- Continuity Camera
- Mac App Store
- Safari vs Chrome
- Mail vs Outlook
- Pages vs Microsoft Word
- Numbers vs Microsoft Excel
- Mac Help
- Shortcuts for macOS
- Windows vs Mac Terminology
Register early to guarantee your seat in class. Payment is due two weeks prior to the class start date. Receipts will be emailed to you.
4 Easy Ways to Register:
- Online: Please fill up the Online Registration Form and pay through either debit card, credit card or PayPal.
- Email: Please email your registration along with the payment through either credit card, interac e-Transfer, PayPal.
- Phone-in: Please call 778-835-2763 and register by Visa or Mastercard.
- In Person: Please register at the admissions office to make a payment (by appointment only)
5 Easy Ways to Pay
- Bank Transfer
- PayPal (our PayPal account email address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interac e-Transfer
- Credit Card (we accept Visa and Mastercard)
- Certified Cheques (non-profit organizations only)
The Swift Code TDOMCATTTOR. Transit No. 02120 Inst. No. 004 Account No. 5221473
TD Bank branch is located at Seafair, #3960 Francis Road, Richmond,BC, Canada
12 – 18 Months Installment Plan (OAC)
Fee can be paid in 12 to 18 easy monthly installments (OAC).
A group discounts is offered for two or more attendees from the same company registering at the same time and attending the same course.
One-to-one private, evening and weekend classes are also conducted upon request with a different price plan, please contact for further information.
After graduation students gets in-person, webex or telephone access to the trainers for 12 months. Graduates can attend future courses for free.
International students are accepted in the programs. Students do not need a study permit if enrolling in a short-term course or program of six months or less. However, if student think they might study for more than six months, it is a good idea to obtain a study permit before they arrive. For full information, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/study
Free Phones, Tools, Equipment & Supplies
Free phones, hand-tools, equipment, and supplies are provided in the class. iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Android phones and iPads are provided for hands-on exercises.
Certificates are awarded upon completion of the course.
Attendance is mandatory in all classes. 100% attendance is required to earn a Certificate.
External Advisors are sought from academia and industry. These advisors will periodically review the center's programs and assess progress toward its goals.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
100% fee and deposit refundable if the Open course is rescheduled or cancelled due to low enrollment or any other reason and students unable to attend at a later date. 50% refundable if student cancelled the Guaranteed to run course within 15 days of the class start date. No refund if a student do not show up for the class or has completed the course, however, fee is transferable to future courses.