This course aims at beginners who does not have any prior smartphone repair, troubleshooting, diagnosing, testing or micro-soldering experience. The integral part of this course is based on the core elements of troubleshooting, diagnosing, inspecting, testing, fault pressing and micro-soldering of the smartphones. The course consists of four levels and covers hands-on training up to 4 board level repairs.
Level 1 focus on building foundation in cellular technologies, smartphone fundamentals, basic electronics concepts, troubleshooting, testing, diagnosing, fault tracing, smartphone schematics and disassembling/ assembling skills.
Level 2 focus on repairing and replacing faulty parts, fixing hardware problems and water damage repairs.
Level 3 trains on soldering skills and jumper techniques.
Level 4 trains on chip level repairs, micro-soldering, BGA Rework, Reflow and Re-balling techniques, advanced micro-soldering by hand using a stereo microscope.
Students completing all four levels will be awarded Wireless Training Center Smartphone Master Technician Certificate. Students who will register in individual course level will earn a level Certificate. Levels can be taken consecutively or separately. Program details and course outline is as follows:
Course instructor is Apple iOS Certified Technician and MacBook Certified Technician with over 15 years of repair, BGA Rework, SMT soldering, Advanced Micro-soldering, PCB and BGA ICs soldering experience.
Who Should Attend
Beginners who wish to start a cell phone repair business or looking to make a career in smartrphone repair industry. Engineers, service technicians, computer technicians, business owners, mobile app developers, sales technicians and students.
Phones, Tools, Equipment & Supplies
Free iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, HTC/ LG phones, opening tools, equipment and supplies will be provided in the course for hands-on exercises.
Smartphone Master Technician Certificate will be awarded ofter the course.
Introduction to Cellular Technologies and Smartphone Electronics
- Introduction to Mobile Network Technologies, GSM, CDMA, 3G, 4G, LTE Network concept and structure
- ESN, IMEI and SIM relationship, theory and concept
- Architecture and Components of GSM Networks
- Basic information how smartphone works
- Smartphone transmission concepts - frequency bands, single and dual bands, network connectivity
- Introduction to basic electronics , A/C , D/C , Voltage , current and power
- Identifying Electronics Components and Circuit Symbols
- Types of semiconductor (SMD) in Smartphones PCB
- Different electronic components working model , troubleshooting procedures – SMD Components basics working conceps and troubleshooting procedures – SMD IC handling details
- RF and IF Amplifiers and Filters
Smartphone Troubleshooting and Diagnosing Procedures
- Smartphone Troubleshooting Concepts
- Troubleshooting different sections of smartphone based on faults
- Smartphone component checking, replacement, and troubleshooting procedures
Assembly, Disassembly, Testing and Schematics of Smartphone
- Studying parts of smartphones, assembling and disassembling techniques
- Testing of various parts with digital multi-meter
- Learning with Block Diagram on how basically Smartphone works
- Introduction to reading smartphone’s Schematic Diagrams
- How to Identify Component Symbols on Schematic Diagram
- How to Find Component Parts on PCB Board
- Identifying user Interfaces components such as Power Switch, Microphone, Earpiece and Ring-tone speaker & Layout
- Inside a Digital Smartphone
- Smartphone working concepts, block diagram, working with Printed Circuit Board and component of smartphones different hardware sections, circuit tracing, component identification, operational and functional knowledge
- Working process and troubleshooting procedures – Identification, working, troubleshooting concepts of components like BGA, SMD IC ‘s, Oscillator, Speaker, Buzzer, SIM, Camera, LCD, Touch screen, keypad, Antenna switch, Vibrator, Power Switch, Battery Connectors, Crystal etc
Smartphone Hardware Repair
- Samsung Galaxy Lens Separation Glass only Removal
- iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, HTC/ LG LCD & Digitizer Replacement
- UV Light and UV glue procedures
- iPhone / Samsung Galaxy Ribbon, Flex Cable, Charging Port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dock, Speakers, Mic Power Switch, Battery, Home Button, Antenna, Ear Piece, Head Phone Jack, Camera, Volume Control and Sensor replacement. SIM card reader malfunctioning and repair
- Replacing of faulty parts
- Fault finding & troubleshooting
- Steps of repairing various hardware problems
Liquid Damage Repair
- Liquid damage repair by using a Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner
- Identifying, treating and repairing water damaged smartphones
- Power cycling issues
- Use of Digital equipment to spot treat board level corrosion
- Knowledge of sterio microscope and its proper use
- Ultrasonic bath and its operating instructions
- Board cleaning agent and solutions to treat liquid damaged smartphones
- Circuit Board problems, repair and soldering techniques
- Circuit Board Jumper techniques
- Replacing charging blocks with Heat Air Blower & Soldering Iron
- Soldering charging port connector, SIM card connector and battery connector
- Physical damage repair and troubleshooting techniques on GSM and CDMA Circuit Boards. Repair SD memory connector, Multi pin Data Port, Multi Vibrator, LCD plug-in connector
- Testing Circuit Board and water damage by using a digital multi-meter
- RF Shielding removal using proper heating element
- No power, no network signal issues and repair
iPhone and Samsung Micro-soldering, BGA Rework & Reflow
- How to use SMD Soldering Rework Station
- How to solder SMD components manually by hand and by machine
- Mico BGA removal and repacement process
- Micro BGA Rework and Micro BGA Reflow
- Micro BGA de-soldering
- How to Reball BGA Chips manually by hand and utilising a machine
- Micro BGA IC replacement process using BGA machine to replace defective parts
- Motherboard repair and analysis
- SMD component replacement and transfer process
- How to remove and solder FPC Connectors on circuit boards
- Backlight repair, replacement full backlight coil IC filters
Click below to register today and secure your spot.
Register early to guarantee your seat in class. Payment is due two weeks prior to the class start date. Receipts will be emailed to you.
4 Easy Ways to Register:
- Online: Please fill up the Online Registration Form and pay through PayPal.
- Email: Please email your registration along with the payment through interac e-Transfer.
- Phone-in: Please call 778-835-2763 and register by Visa or Mastercard.
- In Person: Please register at the admissions office to make a payment (by appointment only)
4 Easy Ways to Pay
- Interac e-Transfer
- Credit Card (we accept Visa and Mastercard)
- Direct deposit or Certified Cheques (non-profit organizations only)
A group discounts is offered for two or more attendees from the same company registering at the same time and attending the same course.
One-to-one private, evening and weekend classes are also conducted upon request with a different price plan, please contact for further information.
After graduation students gets in-person, webex or telephone access to the trainers for 12 months. Graduates can attend future courses for free.
International students are accepted in the programs. Students do not need a study permit if enrolling in a short-term course or program of six months or less. However, if student think they might study for more than six months, it is a good idea to obtain a study permit before they arrive. For full information, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/study
Free Phones, Tools, Equipment & Supplies
Free phones, hand-tools, equipment, and supplies are provided in the class. iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Android phones and iPads are provided for hands-on exercises.
Certificates are awarded upon completion of the course.
Attendance is mandatory in all classes. 100% attendance is required to earn a Certificate.
External Advisors are sought from academia and industry. These advisors will periodically review the center's programs and assess progress toward its goals.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
100% fee refundable if the course is rescheduled or cancelled due to low enrollment or any other reason and students are unable to attend at a later date. 50% fee refundable if cancelled within 15 days of the class start date and the course is guaranteed to run. No refund if a student do not show up for the class or has completed the course, however, fee is transferable to future courses.