Course DescriptionThis course is for beginners who does not have any prior board level Micro-soldering training or experience.
- Equipment, tools & supplies (Inventory list)
- Introduction to rework and soldering stations / tools
- How To solder on a micro level
- Shield removal
- Solder removal techniques
- Pad preparation
- Running jumpers, pad repair & trace repair
- Part sourcing
- Schematic sourcing
- Reading schematics
- Using Multi-Meter
- DC Power Supply
- Identifying parts on schematics
- Troubleshooting basics
- How to tell difference between short and open circuits
- Basic short detection
- Identifying false shorts
- Techniques to locate open lines
- Visual identification of board level parts
- Board repair cheat sheet
Common failure identification
- No display v/s no backlight
- No power
- No charging
- No boot
- Short circuit
- Turns on then cycles off
- Boots to recovery mode
- No SIM, searching & no service
- No Wi-Fi
- No touch, lines, zebra stripes, flickering screen
- Backlight but no image
- Soldering charging port connectors
- Soldering battery connectors
- Soldering Internet/ Wi-Fi connectors
Basic Micro-Soldering & Parts Replacement
- Dealing with underfill
- Replacing charging ports and FPC connectors
- Replacing capacitors, resistors, filters/fuses, diodes, coil
- Backlight failure
- Salvaging parts from donor boards
- Flex cable repairs
Register early to guarantee your seat in class. Payment is due two weeks prior to the class start date. Receipts will be emailed to you.
4 Easy Ways to Register:
- Online: Please fill up the Online Registration Form and pay through PayPal.
- Email: Please email your registration along with the payment through interac e-Transfer.
- Phone-in: Please call 778-835-2763 and register by Visa or Mastercard.
- In Person: Please register at the admissions office to make a payment (by appointment only)
4 Easy Ways to Pay
- Interac e-Transfer
- Credit Card (we accept Visa and Mastercard)
- Direct deposit or Certified Cheques (non-profit organizations only)
A group discounts is offered for two or more attendees from the same company registering at the same time and attending the same course.
One-to-one private, evening and weekend classes are also conducted upon request with a different price plan, please contact for further information.
After graduation students gets in-person, webex or telephone access to the trainers for 12 months. Graduates can attend future courses for free.
International students are accepted in the programs. Students do not need a study permit if enrolling in a short-term course or program of six months or less. However, if student think they might study for more than six months, it is a good idea to obtain a study permit before they arrive. For full information, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/study
Free Phones, Tools, Equipment & Supplies
Free phones, hand-tools, equipment, and supplies are provided in the class. iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Android phones and iPads are provided for hands-on exercises.
Certificates are awarded upon completion of the course.
Attendance is mandatory in all classes. 100% attendance is required to earn a Certificate.
External Advisors are sought from academia and industry. These advisors will periodically review the center's programs and assess progress toward its goals.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
100% fee refundable if the course is rescheduled or cancelled due to low enrollment or any other reason and students are unable to attend at a later date. 50% fee refundable if cancelled within 15 days of the class start date and the course is guaranteed to run. No refund if a student do not show up for the class or has completed the course, however, fee is transferable to future courses.